Sportfishing Quiz Answers
Here are the answers to our homepage quiz:
- The three states with the most anglers are Florida (2.77 million), Texas (2.52 million) and California (1.73 million).
- The top three states in terms of jobs supported by sportfishing are Florida (75,100), Texas (59,000) and Minnesota (43,100).
- The number of U.S. anglers is greater than California 's population.
- One out of every three anglers fishes for largemouth bass, America 's most popular game fish.
- Flounder is the most-targeted saltwater fish.
- Forty-five percent of anglers come from cities of one million or more people.
- Over half of all anglers have attended college.
- Twenty-five percent of anglers are women.
- Nearly half of all anglers are between 35-54 years of age.
- BONUS Fact: Fifty-one percent of anglers have a household income greater than $50,000 per year and 17 percent have incomes in excess of $100,000 per year.
Info by the American Sportfishing Association